Ok. Last week was busy as!
Until last week, I typically worked about 25 hours a week or so. Last week, suddenly I'm working 40. That on its own would be fine, but on top of that, I had committed to making a set of movies for the youth group's Valentine's Day extravaganza. That shouldn't have been too bad either, except that the projector didn't have the right plug for my mac, my computer's DVD-RW drive decided that it didn't want to burn DVD's anymore, and youtube decided it didn't want to accept any uploaded videos from me.
This all amounted to long, frustrating nights, and drowsy, way-too-early mornings.
However, there is good news this week.
Good news item #1: I worked 40-ish hours this week. That'll be a nice, fat paycheck.
Good news item #2: Nadia and I are officially (meaning "on facebook") "in a relationship." I'm extremely excited about the whole thing... She's amazing. Just in case you didn't know, she's the awesomest girl ever.
I know most of you are going to say something to the effect of "it's about time" or "you were the last to know" or maybe the kinder of you will say "congrats" or something simple like that. Either way is fine with me.
Good news item #3: Even though I'm working long days (today was a 9-hr workday, starting at 7AM) I'm getting used to it. The co-workers are getting more comfortable with me, and I'm getting more comfortable with how I relate to them. It's getting much better.
Good news item #4: I found my Navigator's verse pack! So now I can start over! Because I don't remember any of the verses I already learned! (Back before I lost it. Like a year ago.)
Good news item #5: I got a new phone. It's awesome. It slides TWO WAYS. It slides up-and-down for the normal phone keypad, and then it slides SIDEWAYS for a full querty keyboard. It slides both ways. Two times slid.
Good news item #6: Dad's birthday (aka: valentine's day) was awesome. Nadia and I cooked (ok... well... really Nadia cooked and I helped and made the cappuccino) and then seven of us gathered around the kitchen table and played munchkin. For three hours. One game. Three hours long. Twas brillig.
That's about all the good news I have for y'all. If you're still wantin' for more, then you'll have to just wait until next time, when I'm sure I'll have more fun stuff.
In one day, I had a mentally retarded man , a British family, a South-African family, and a deaf man all order from me at Einstein's bagels. My aussie accent kicked in with the brits and the south africans. It was hard to stop doing it after they left.
~Thomas
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This makes me miss you, love you, and hate you all at the same time. Though I do not know why. :) hmm..
This is the start of when you guys changed you status's and now you guys are married. How amazing.
On the other hand, it amazes me that you guys are still playing that munchkin game. I don't think that I will ever understand it.
Post a Comment