Dang guys. I'm really sorry.
Summary of life: Working at Einstein's still. I was promoted to Baker, which is good and bad. Good because I got a raise. Bad because I end up working fewer hours. Good because I get to work alone for most of my shift, and my co-workers and I don't have anything in common. Bad because I have to be there at 3:30 every morning. Good because I get the whole day off after about 8:30 or 9. Bad because I'm bored as all get-out during the whole day.
I'm content with where I am right now, but at the same time I'm impatient to get on to the next "step." I'm all set up for IUPUI in the fall, and now I just have to work another four months until then.
Four months?!? I've only been back in the States for five! And now I have another four to go!?
It's hard. I had an absolute blast in Australia: I had loads of Christian friends and influences; I was making serious money; I was exploring and learning all about a new culture every day; It was great.
Now I'm killing time.
What is the most God-honoring way to kill time? As far as I can tell, my best witness is just my day-to-day life, but honestly, I'm tired of "day-to-day life." I want to do crazy stuff. Hang out with lots of crazy people. Go crazy places with them for a day or two at a time. Just for fun.
As it is, Nadia and her roommates are essentially the extent of my social life. I've been getting to know a few other guys from church, (Well... ok fine. one guy.) and that's been good for me to get some "man-time," as Nadia puts it.
Other than that, my life's struggle is just persevering. I want to quit. I want to fly back to Australia. I want to grab my cash and take a 4-month-long road trip. I want to start school for the summer term in three weeks. I want to sit at home and become addicted to WoW or something.
But that's not what God wants for me. So right now I have to keep on keepin' on, and fix my eyes on the prize. Not just the prize of "going to college and moving forward in life," but the eternal prize.
Take it easy, guys. Sorry, my Aussie friends. I didn't mean to take this long to update. I'm trying for every week or two. Maybe this is how I stave off boredom.
~Thomas
I know this italicized ending bit is almost a requirement, but I couldn't think of anything clever to write down, so my first thought was "Eh, I'll just put a song quote up." My next thought was "That's the most pathetic thing I've ever heard." My third thought was "How about you share this with the world, and it will suddenly become clever."
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thanks Matey.. I missed your updates.. I'm glad you are "keep on keepin' on" Good'on'ya, friend. And I pray that you will be able to keep witnessing.. i'm sure they're lots of unsaved people in Indy. :)
But.. If you do decide to come back here.. you're always welcome.. and I'll go on a four months road trip anytime with you! :) Miss ya, TomTom
love in Christ
Tamara Rose x
Haha, your italic thing was funny. See, I probably would end up quoting from a song or something like that... lol.. awkward moment (tumbleweed)
Thanks for letting me know about the update.. It would be hard, but God gives us the strength we need to perservere!
You can always come back to OZ if worst comes to worst and you do give up..!
I just looked at your bike, very cool..
Miss you Brother,
Keaton
Hi Thomas!thanx for finally updating! gosh!(just kidding). I felt similiar to the way your feeling about working, last yr. The verse from James 1:2-4, helped me and remembering that God works all things together for your good:)
I'd love you to come back to Australia, I miss you. I watched the video you made when you were over here(skiing at baw baw). You should make a video of things that you've been up to over there, for us aussie's. That would be really cool! Really looking forward to seeing you in november! God bless
your sister in Christ,
Hollie:D
Post a Comment