Friday, October 16, 2009

The Beginning of Autumn

This post will be made in the most powerful, descriptive language I can muster. I have recently been taught the proper way to write. Read and be amazed.

This is what I was going to type:
Yesterday the trees burst into color. I drive along Fall Creek Rd every day to get to school, but I hadn't noticed the trees' color until yesterday. There were oranges and reds and yellows and greens.

Now the IMPROVED paragraph (with adjectives bolded for effect). :D
Yesterday the colorful, leafy trees went into several brilliant colors. I go along Fall Creek Rd every single day to get to my crowded downtown tertiary school, but I hadn't seen the tall trees' brilliant color until yesterday. There were bright oranges and loud reds and brilliant yellows and some decaying greens.

I'm being funny, of course. I've always been taught in my AP English classes that the verbs are the power words. However, I was told recently (by an unnamed woman) that the powerful words in writing are the adjectives, not the verbs. Ever since then, I have been mocking her as frequently as possible (but never to her face).
I think this will be the last time I mock her. I have made my point several times.

... As an aside, I like the last sentence of the "improved" paragraph a lot.

Sorry for the lack of significant substance, but I felt guilty for not updating in a long time. I can't wait until the Aussie family and friends get here...

~TomBob

You should all check out my Design blog too. It's great. If I do say so, myself.

1 comment:

Tamara Rose said...

two more sleeps, tom tom!! Cant wait to see you. :)

Love
T2