Ok. There are two major happenings in Thomas' life.
School: I'm loving school. School is finally challenging and fun and interesting. For the first time EVER! It's amazing. Well... Ok so logic class is simplistic and boring. But other than that, it's great. My film prof is awesome, and really knows what he's doing. The weed-out classes have successfully weeded-out essentially all of the morons in the program, so the people who are left are enthusiastic and on-board with the material being taught.
I could go on and on about school right now, but suffice it to say that this semester is a 180 degree spin from last semester.
Second major happening:
I AM NOW ENGAGED
^ I wrote it in all capital letters so people would see it.
On Tuesday, October 12th, I asked Nadia Marie Nader to marry me. (She said yes, obviously. Otherwise I wouldn't be engaged.)
The setting: Fort Benjamin Harrison State Park.
The plot: To stage a "fun photo shoot day" with my brother William.
The reveal: To give her the ring, to her fantastic surprise, while William documents it on camera.
The result: To get her to put the ring on the third finger on her left hand.
SUCCESS!
Everything went off with nary a hitch.
I can't begin to write down how excited I am and how blessed I am to have such a gorgeous, intelligent young woman say yes to me. I know it's cliche, but I really am marrying my best friend. (She was actually my best friend before we started dating, so you know it's true.)
No details on the wedding dates yet. Expect it either early next June or August, depending on whether or not I go to Africa to film a documentary with my film class.
(That last sentence is part of the "going on and on about school right now" part, that I'm not doing yet. I'll try to get back to it in a subsequent blog post.)
That's about it. We are already planning general wedding stuff, so hopefully the stress of it can all be spread out over several months... That's the hope, anyway, but I'm pessimistic.
I'm keeping this blog alive. I figured if I didn't post about something as important as an engagement, I should just delete it outright, so after thinking about it for at least a few minutes, I posted.
Consider it a "rededication" to my blog.
~TomBob
Monday, October 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
You're my best friend too. :*
Post a Comment