Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hard Times

I haven't had the flu in my life.

Until yesterday.

I threw up all night, almost constantly. I stopped this morning at 5, exhausted and sweating after the fever broke. "Hard and fast" is a good way to describe it. I've never had such an awful night in my life, I don't think.

Today I had my first day at work. It was nice, i suppose. I was too tired and sick-feeling to really enjoy it.
My boss is scottish. My co-worker who did my orientation is scottish. His friend (and my other co-worker) is scottish.
I can't understand a word they say to me.

I'm going to bed now. I hope to write a bigger, more in-depth blog post later... When I'm A) awake, and B) not feeling awful.

You never realize how great sliced bread is until you have to slice your own bread. Having a machine slice it for you truly is a great improvement.
~Thomas

1 comment:

Jason U. said...

I had the flu this year and it was so bad that it was like my anus was a watering hose and the toilet was on fire. I have not thrown up since I was a little kid. I bet it kills. Anyways, I am wondering if it is the jet lag or the playing the video games without eating anything.