Now that the wedding has happened, the marriage license has been signed, and the matrimony thoroughly consummated, Thomas has finally given me leave to partake in writing for “Enthusiasm Abounds.” Thus, my first blog post is about—wait for it—the wedding, obviously.
The wedding was the best wedding I’ve ever been to. I informed Thomas of its wonders as we drove not-so-awkwardly back to our apartment from the reception, I in my wedding gown, he in jeans and a leather jacket (the tux had to be returned promptly), “Thomas, that was the best wedding I done ever been to.”
“What do you mean, snooglyboo?”
“Well, it was just so fun! It was my favorite wedding ever, and not just because it was us getting married. I didn’t expect Tim to tell all those stories—it was just so funny! And then the dancing—everyone loved our tango and we didn’t keep our straight faces even from the beginning. And then the Lebanese father/daughter dance was great, and your mom then did her hawt hair-flip during your dance. Haha! Weddings should always be that fun.”
Rewind one week.
I hadn’t showered for four days, brushed my teeth in two, or eaten a full meal all day (one cinnamon roll for breakfast, one celery stick for lunch); I had lost weight, had huge bags under my eyes, was crying twice a day, and was blurting out, “I hate weddings!" between the tears, to anyone who asked.
Pleased to make your acquaintance,
Charmed, I'm sure,
Mrs. Nadia Marie Fraley

3 comments:
Wow. I'm glad you had a good wedding. I thought it was just tops.
You're right; It was the best wedding ever and Patti's hair flip was pretty hawt.
Congrats you two~! Many blessings and lovely days to you an' Tom~ :>
Post a Comment