The plan to go to Birmingham failed.
Instead, we suddenly decided to drive for 16 hours to Washington DC, wander around DC for 12 or so hours, and then drive for 9 hrs to get home.
Yup. Washington DC. Aren't we so adventurous?
The driving ended up taking much longer than expected (over 20 hrs to get there) because the dramatic snowstorm, but it didn't matter. We were excited. And we prevailed!
We spent most of the day in the National Air and Space Museum, but in the morning we looked around the Museum of Natural History until we tired of the flagrant evolution "fact" being touted throughout the museum. There was even a banner outside. "Celebrating Darwin!!" it said.
Whatever.
The trip home was hard, but doable. At the end, I was driving, Will was passed out in the back seat, Keaton was passed out in the passenger seat, the snow was flying everywhere, the GPS was taking us on a ridiculous long-cut, and the sky was turning the slightest shade of sunrise-pink in the rearview mirror.
We got home at exactly 6am Saturday morning. Mom and dad and the dogs looked appropriately happy to see us safe, but the dogs looked a fair bit less groggy than the parents did.
We passed out in our beds and slept till noon.
The road trip has been officially labeled a SUCCESS!!!
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
yes skipping bham was such a great idea.... hope your having fun with ya northern snow :) your picture shows that you are a true southern boy... sitting on the lawn mower holding a hound dog... why did you move and stay in the north?
Huhu~ I wish I could go onna roadtrip~ Most drivin' I've done as of late is drivin' back n' forth from Houston to Dallas and such~ Hooo~ And I miss airsoftin' up there with you guys~!
Post a Comment